Food Factory – Cookbook / Food Recipes WordPress Theme
Perfect WordPress Theme For Food Bloggers, Chefs, Cooking Enthusiasts, Online CookBook or Food Recipe Websites
The Food Factory is a beautiful food WordPress theme with custom food recipes posts. Perfect for food bloggers, chefs & foodies in general. It has lots of features you will love just instantly once you try it. The theme comes in 5 styles / variants at the moment however these are highly customizable via Theme Options panel. All the colors, fonts, custom backgrounds, not to mention basics such as logo & favicon uplodas.
Main Theme Features
Here is a brief description of the main theme features
- Responsive Web Design – layout adapts to mobiles, tablets, laptops & desktops alike
- Select your own colors & background images for: header, body, container
- Advanced Recipe Search – let your visitors search for food recipes accordingly to extended criteria, i.e. dish type, cuisine or ingredients they have currently in the fridge :)
- Unlimited text, headers & link colors – choose suitable color using color picker
- Translation ready – .po files included and some phrases can be added through the Theme Options panel
- SEO optimized – the theme has optimized markup to perform better in search engines (including Rich Snippets)
- Rich Snippets – recipe posts will show in search engines result pages as a recipe type (with Schema.org) markup
- Category Colors – differentiate categories for the posts by adding custom color accents (see grid view of the blog); these can be changed through Posts → Categories
- Custom Fonts – choose from hundreds available fonts (Google Fonts + local fonts are included in the theme)
- Custom Recipe Posts – there is no need to use extra plugins to show your recipe posts. Gain better performance and extra security as the recipe posts will be stored in your database rather than 3-rd party websites.
- Recipe Post Categories & Custom Fields – organize your food recipes by extra criteria such as cuisine, dish type, servins, categories, ingredients and many more options;
- Show food preparation time
- Intuitive Ingredients box – will also show up in Rich Snippet ingredients recipe type as ingredients
- Extra description for search engines
- Post Formats support: standard, image, audio, video
- Tiled & Grid Galleries – create extra galleries that can be placed in the posts and pages
- Advertising Ready – Monetize your blog using built in tools for advertising such as custom advertising posts, banner shortcodes, banner widgets, square banner widgets
- Social media & sharing ready – the Food Factory theme has built in widgets for custom
- 2 types of slider: carousel & accordion
- Shortcodes system will make your blog editing a breeze; Add extra elements such as columns, tabs, lists (various list styles are available), carousel sliders, post grids (latest post, random, popular), columns, popular posts, latest posts, buttons, heroes, rules and other elements without any programming skills to enrich your website
- Font Awesome integration – add custom fonts to your blog or website whenever needed; hundreds of font icons are available;
- Instagram & Facebook widgets – add Facebook like box or Instagram feed on your website
- Social Networks Widgets
- Optional Sticky Menu
- and many more features – see Food Factory Features post for more in depth info
- Theme Package – lifetime access to all 5 style variants: feminine, rustic, rustic green, whimsical, feminine blog layout (more will be added soon)
- Video Tutorials to help you customize your theme to your needs
- Theme Guide
Home Page Design
The FoodFactory home page is designed to show all the posts from your site (including recipes & ads posts) in one place with nice on hover effects different for posts, recipes and gallery posts.
Stand Out From The Crowd With Unique Style
As you probably have noticed so far Food Factory is a little bit different than many generic food blogs and online cookbooks you have seen. You can take advantage of many great features that come with the Food Factory – Food & Recipes theme. Not to mentioned the extreme flexibility when it comes to the design & multiple styles that are offered with the theme.
Food Website Template Highlights
These are only some of the features we would like to let you know
- Sticky Navigation Menu
You can set up sticky menu for top (primary) menu as well as footer menu.
- Social Media In The Menu Bar
There is option to add social media buttons in to the top menu which will stay in the menu even if you want to have sticky menu.
- Footer Menu Icons
Nice feature are icons in the footer menu.
You can add them easily while creating new menu item.
- Filtering & Advanced Search Option
To improve user experience & site usability and help users to navigate through the site we have added recipes searching box that allows to select multiple filtering options. This simply means the visitors can find easily what they are looking for.
We’ve also created an additional blog page where you can display only your post list, excluding the custom posts. This is traditional 2 column design with right or left sidebar positioned to your choice. The share buttons, date, category/categories, meta tags or blog and post view can be disabled/enabled individually in the Theme Option Panel.
Image wall – archive page
The posts on the category, archive and search pages appears as a nice image wall where the title and the post date show up when you hover on the image.
This is probably the most important feature in the food & recipe template. The recipe page has a lots of built-in features that allow you build your own food related imperium.
Here some of the elements that can help your to build your site more efficiently:
- Recipe rating
- Ingredients box
- ‘Step-by-step’ box
- Next and previous recipe
- Related recipes
- Share buttons
- Preparation Time
Additionally to help your users find what there really we have added features such as:
- Recipes Categories
- Dish Type
- Cooking Method
- Skill Level
- Main Ingredient
- Special Occasion
- and Tags
All of this without any installing any additional plugins.