House of Books – Book Store WordPress Theme
House of Books is a contemporary, versatile book store WordPress theme designed with book sellers, authors and smaller eCommerce merchants in mind.
Although this template was built to fullfil book store owners expectations it can be easily used for any type of ecommerce website (online shops) thanks to it’s customization features (colors, backgrounds, fonts, etc) and shortcodes. Content depends on your eCommerce business.
- Contemporary Elegant Design
- Clean Typography and layout
- Homepage – latest posts separated with 2 widget areas
- Mega menu – multicolumn menus (see demo)
- ‘Flyout’ sidebar and ‘flyout’ menu features
- WooCommerce (eCommerce plugin) Support – for store websites (on demo we used affiliate feature to link products to 3rd party sellers, of course this is only optional)
- Featured Category (with featured image for categories)
- Contemporary & Unique blog – for occasional or full time bloggers, writers
- Shortcodes – dozens of built in shortcodes including: posts grids, carousels, icons, boxes, lines, lists and more for enhancing content publishing
- Customizable fonts, colors, widgets
- Product pages slider
- Shop The Post – feature uses WooCommerce; great for boosting your sale within the post; Type in your product ID in the extra fields within the post and products will show up in the Shop the Post section;
- Various animations on product pages, i.e. on scrolling, on clik (reviews)
- Product page – subtle sharing to social media option
- Product page – ‘You may also like’ upsale feature on product pages to help you boost your sale
- for more see demo
The theme utilises WooCommerce plugin as for the ecommerce feature allowing you to create and run online shop effectively. Shop pages have been styled cohesively to users great experience and create efficient, viable shopping solution that work.
Clean Contemporary Design
Works on the House of Books theme lasted a little bit longer than we expected mostly due to the fact that we wanted to create clean, minimal WordPress theme that will be clean, with ample amount of ‘white space’ to increase readability. Aesthetics, current trends yet unique design were also important therefore we redesigned, tested it and redesigned it couple of times to make it work. All of this work resulted in modern and pleasing for eye (we hope so) book store WordPress theme that can be used to build great websites.
We encourage you to check out our demos to see whether this is something you would be happy to build your new or revamp existing website.
Blogging aspects… meaning not only for eCommerce or book stores
It is crucial to stress here that House of Books has bloggin section. As WordPress CMS grew out from the blogging platform and it would be shame not to use it’s strengths and forgetting about bloggers. Therefore cohesive is the keyword here – again, we made efforts to make the design consistent and cohesive across the site, that means posts, pages and ecommerce part too.
If we are lucky and you liked the theme design you can freely use it only for blogging. Simply don’t use WooCommerce plugin. You can still enjoy using House of Books. We would imagine it would be great for journalists, regular bloggers or even writers where the content is important.
We all may like good design, yet we realize that we all have different personal preferences and prefer different design styles. Therefore just to clarify here the theme allows quite a lot of customization directly from the Theme Options panel where you can change many features, including:
- typography – both sizes and fonts, for headers, post content, etc; some fonts are already built in),
- colors – backgrounds (color or image)
- logo – this is rather obvious
- and more
This makes this book store template more flexible. Included shortcodes allow further expansion of the theme. You could use shortcodes to built additional pages, enrich posts content and make your site truly yours. Shortcodes are available via button in the editor after theme installation and set up.
Installation & Set Up
Widget Settings file lets you to import widgets settings as per demo website. Sample data file can be imported via WordPress importer.
Please take a look at the demo site and in case of any questions regarding House of Books WP theme please contact us via live chat button on our site or raise a support ticket. We’ll be glad to help.
Disclaimer: Please note that images on demo website are for demonstration purposes only and are not included with the theme. You should use your own.